Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Salaah @ Malls



I recently went for a short, splendid weekend visit to Pretoria. I was pleasantly surprised to note that two of the malls I had visited, had Salaah facilities for men and women. (No more performing Salaah in fitting-rooms!) I was especially thrilled by the Musallah (fondly referred to as ‘J.K.’ =Jamaat khana in South Africa) in the Menlyn Park shopping centre.WOW! It was certainly the best I’ve ever visited, its interior design was spectacular and made me feel as if I was in some posh Muslim country abroad (interesting too, is that the embassies are based in Pretoria and so there’s many foreign Muslims visiting Menlyn). It even has toilets catering for the needs of Muslims – awesome!



A big “Thank You” to the Muslim community that were part of building this Musallah in one of the most convenient places ever.







 


















No more excuses for missing Salaah whilst shopping!

4 comments:

Sabeehah said...

Assalamu Alaykum Yep its definately d smartest i'v seen! As u've mentioned, d cool part is its SO easily accessible :) Now there's no need to plan my shoppin trips around salaah times! [wel that's until i'm stil here in pta - 24days 2go InshaAllah :) ] Oh and I just love meetin all my muslim sisters from different countries =)

Sabeehah said...

Your 'About Me' cartoon profile pic is really cute - actually it looks just like u ;)

aneebaba said...

Wow, ma'sha'allah, it';s so beautiful and sleek! I love it . .you're fortunate to have that there. In America, the closest thing I saw to this in terms of just having prayer facilities was in the cancer hosptial complex where my dad was treated briefly in Houston, Texas. As you can imagine though, there were places for all of the major faiths, as prayers are a place to go when a loved one is suffering from cancer.

Bint Mahmood said...

@Sabeehah (2nd comment), Hahaha, funny!

@MuslimFirst, yes Alhamdulillah, we are really fortunate to see an increasing number of Salaah facilities at our malls and at our major airports.