Monday, September 13, 2010

Eid - South African style

Hope you all had a splendid Eid! I visited Johannesburg for Eid but I think pictures speak louder than words so here are some of the pictures I took at Fordsburg on the night before Eid. I must apologise for the poor quality of my pictures - this was the best I could do with my cellphone camera and I insisted on keeping my flash off because of my generally shy nature:)
PS. These pictures only display Eid in one part of S.A but is not representative of South Africa entirely.

















One of the better things at Fordsburg is the cultural diversity evident there: You can see it all- South Africans, Arabs, Indians from the sub-continent, Africans and even some that I don't know where from:)




Here is a ultimately cute set of twins, only one would let me carry her - in fact, she didn't want to go back to her family!








Shalimar Delights - the best Mithai Shop!








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute!

Humayda said...

I can practically taste the mithai *drools/salivates* :)
I was always under the impression that Arab/Muslim countries have much more of an "atmosphere-infused" Eid...Guess I was mistaken...awesome photography(albeit flashless)...

Bint Mahmood said...

@Humayda - I thought so too, which is why I found it necessary to blog about it. I don't think it happens in KZN though!